Applicants from across the Canadian potato industry recently applied for the honour of being named one of Spud Smart’s 10 Most Innovative Products of 2023. Those selected will be honoured with a badge for their websites that describes the win, an article online and in the Spud Smart spring issue.
After reviewing numerous applications, the Spud Smart editorial board selected winners based on the following criteria for their products:
- It must have been launched in Canada after Jan. 1, 2020
- It must be related to potatoes in some way (it could be in food processing, as long as potatoes were a target crop)
- Its overall impact on the industry
- The potential for scalability
- Widespread use in the potato industry
This year’s winners are (in alphabetical order by product name):
- 25mm Impact Recording Device, by Techmark Inc.
- InteliRain Micro-Precision Irrigation (MPI) System, by InteliRain Inc.
- John Deere 8RX Four-Track Tractor wide track kit, by John Deere
- Minuet biological fungicide, by Bayer CropScience
- Picketa Systems’ LENS, by Picketa Systems Inc.
- ReNew & UnLeash, by CanGrow Crop Solutions
- Restrain Ethylene, by Restrain Company Ltd.
- Seed Sensing Technology, by Bluefield Seeding Solutions Inc.
- SP 327 Chipping potato variety, by Peter Vander Zaag at Sunrise Potato Storage
- XiteBio Tuber+, by XiteBio Technologies Inc.
More information about the winning products will be released at a later date on the Spud Smart website.
Spud Smart Names 10 Most Innovative Products of 2022
Spud Smart’s 10 Most Innovative Products