The 2023 Ontario Potato Conference and Trade Show will focus on cover cropping, a Dec. 16 email said. The conference is happening on March 2, 2023 at the Delta Hotel and Conference Centre in Guelph, Ont.
Featured sessions include:
- Anne Verhallen, a soil management specialist for hort crops with OMAFRA speaking on cover crops 101
- Ryan Barrett, research and agronomy specialist with the Prince Edward Island Potato Board speaking on cover cropping in potato rotations and
- Zack Frederick with MHPEC Inc. speaking on managing Verticillium wilt in potatoes with mustard bio-fumigation
- A grower panel on cover cropping
- Jeff Miller with Miller Research speaking on prepping your seed for optimum performance
- Mark VanOostrum and Patrick Dol with WD Potato Ltd speaking on soil moisture monitoring and irrigation scheduling
- Peter VanderZaag with Sunrise Potato speaking on producing nuclear minitubers from tissue culture
- VanOostrum speaking on tips to help potato plants cope with heat stress
To register for the conference fill out this form.