Manitoba Potato Production Days is happening on Jan. 24 to 26, 2023 and will feature sessions on regenerative agriculture, wildfires and soil health.
David Zaruk, who is called the Risk-Monger, will give a keynote on “Defining Sustainability: Evidence Based Decision Making.” Winnipeg Blue Bombers player Adam Bighill will also give a keynote presentation on “Anything is Possible.”
Other session topics include:
- Julie Pasche speaking on recognizing the differences and implications of common and powdery scab, and an update on resistance to leaf spot diseases
- Mike Thornton on how heat impacts potatoes and the impact of wildfire smoke on potatoes
- Mario Tenuta talking about nitrous oxide
- Emma Bedlington presenting on from farm to fork to boardroom
- Manphool Fageria speaking on regenerative agriculture practices implemented on the McCain Farm of the Future
- Haider Abbas talking about tracking nitrogen dynamics within potato root zone
- Tracy Shinners-Carnelley giving a pesticide update
- Carl Rosen will share a realistic view of soil health in potato cropping systems
Registration is open for the conference which is taking place in Brandon, Man. at the Keystone Centre.