The Potatoes USA grower membership elected new leadership during its Annual Meeting held in Denver, CO, March 13-16.
The Potatoes USA Executive Committee is comprised by the Chair, Immediate Past Chair, and the Co-Chairs of each committee. They will serve a one year term through Potatoes USA Annual Meeting to be held in March 2018.
The marketing committees will work over the next 12 months to guide how the Potatoes USA staff will implement the Board’s marketing and promotion programs.
These programs run on a July through June fiscal year. They are targeted at consumers, food manufacturers, chefs and nutritionists in the domestic market. In the targeted international markets these programs engage importers and distributors, foodservice operators, food manufacturers, consumers and retailers.
The new Executive Committee members and their positions:
- Chair: John Halverson (Arbyrd, MO)
- Domestic Marketing Co-Chairs: Jerry Tominaga (Rupert, ID), David Tonso (Center, CO)
- Research Co-Chairs: Steve Gangwish (Kearney, NE), Dan Moss (Declo, ID)
- Immediate Past Chair: Mike Pink (Mesa, WA)
- International Marketing Co-Chairs: Marty Myers (Boardman, OR), Doug Poe (Connell, WA)
- Industry Outreach Co-Chairs: Jason Davenport (Arvin, CA), Jay LaJoie (Van Buren, ME)
- Finance Chair: Phil Hickman (Horntown, VA)
Source: Potatoes USA