Dan Moss from Declo, Idaho, was sworn in as the new Chairman of Potatoes USA at the organization’s 2018 annual meeting, held March 12-15 in Denver, Colo.
Moss is the CEO of Moss Ag and Arrowhead Potato Company, a company that focuses on the fresh potato sector. He will replace John Halverson.
Other executive committee members include:
- Jaren Raybould, Saint Anthony, Idaho, and Phil Hickman, Horntown, Va, co-chairmen (Domestic Marketing Committee);
- Marty Myers, Boardman, Ore., and Steve Streich, Kalispell, Mont., co-chairmen (International Marketing Committee);
- Sheldon Rockey, Center, Colo., and Heidi Randall, Friesland, Wis., co-chairman/woman (Industry Outresch Committee);
- Chris Hansen, Bliss, N.Y., and Eric Schroeder, Antigo, Wis., co-chairmen (Research Committee); and
- Jason Davenport, Arvin, Calif., chairman (Finance and Policy Committee).
A marketing plan under development will promote potatoes as a performance food for athletes and active people. The tag line “Potatoes – Real Food – Real Performance” was unveiled.